First, thanks to all those that encouraged me to write cheat sheets for the raid encounters. Hopefully these will be as useful, if somewhat less concise.
Voss and I firmly believe that no encounter should be talked about for more than 10 minutes at a time, ever. Talk briefly, try it, learn, repeat. With the raid boss posts, I hope to give you enough information to get through the first ‘talk briefly.’
Also, as before, if you have suggestions, leave comments! Occasionally I run heroics as DPS just to see what other tanks are doing. I’m just as eager to see what other guilds are doing.
How to win
(in one paragraph)
This fight consists of 4 constructs, which rotate out such that you’re fighting 2 at any given time. On their own, each one is simple. You win by learning how to avoid or mitigate their individual abilities while adapting to different pairings.
- Only two constructs will be up at any given time. DPS must switch to new targets when they spawn (except when Arcanotron is active).
- Toxitron – Kill adds without letting them reach raid members. Don’t stand in poison clouds, but do position the active DPS target in them.
- Arcanotron – Interrupt his nuke. Pull him out of blue puddles. DPS/healers should stand in blue puddles. Spell steal/purge his 50% shield, and leave interrupters on him.
- Electron – Players with the lightning debuff should not stand near anyone. Spread out to mitigate chain lightning.
- Magmatron – Heal through raid damage. Run out of the Big Red Line. If you are the Big Red Line’s target, help out by pointing it somewhere convenient.
Continue reading for more specifics…